A Walk in the Park
- Enjoy the fresh air and natural beauty at City Park.
- Every mile walked / run by a sedentary person gives him / her an extra 21 minutes of life.
- For a longer distance and a little more rugged terrain hike to Clark Tower – 2 miles. Trail maps are available.
- Adult Coed (5 men and 5 women).
- Team Fee $250.
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings, May 5- July 30.
- Must be at least 18 and out of high school.
- All games are played at MM Fields Softball Complex. Anyone interested in forming a new team should contact the WPRD.
- Register by April 20.
- Adult men and women
- Beginning in April a men’s Tennis Drop in League begins. One night each week a group of men get together to play. They are always looking for new men to play.
- Contact the WPRD for more information at 462-3258.
Intro to Play Pickleball
- Learn rules, techniques and how to play the game of pickleball.
- Pickleball is a game for all ages.
- Join us on Saturday, April 25th 10:00 am at the City Tennis Courts for a fun and instructional session then stay and play a game or two.
- A few paddles and balls will be provided.
- Registration is required and ends April 17.
- Adult men, women and coed
- Fee $10
- Women Sunday evenings 5:00 pm
- Men Sunday evenings at 7:00 pm
- Coed Tuesday evening at 7:00 pm
- Beginning in May a women’s, men’s and COED drop in League is planned. Courts will be reserved on Sunday & Tuesday nights. Don’t have your own paddles/ balls? Paddles and balls are available for check out at the WPRD or through the Winterset Library.
- Call our office to register, 515-462-3258
Outdoor Senior Pickleball
- 60 + men and women
- No Fee
- Beginning in May a Senior men’s and women’s Pickleball Drop in League is planned. Courts will be reserved on Tuesday mornings. Don’t have your own paddles/ balls? Paddles and balls are available at the WPRD for check out or thru the Winterset Library. Call our office to register, 515-462-3258
Madison County Open Horseshoe Tourney
- Sat., May 16
- Fee $10.00
- Register and warm up 8:30 – 9:30 am.
- Pitching begins at 10:00 am.
- Madison County Fairgrounds.
- Sanctioned by Iowa Hawkeye Horseshoe Pitchers Assoc.
- Divisions are determined by ringer percentages.
- Non-members of IHHPA will compete in an open division.
- Sanctioned tournament also held July 19 & October 10.
- Contact person: Chris Jordan. (641) 728-4751
Seniors Giving Back Bus Trip
- Tuesday, May 19
- Bus fee $10
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am
- Depart 8:30am from North Shelter in City Park
- Have you been trying to find ways to be in service of others but just aren’t sure what you could do to help? Meals for the Heartland is the perfect opportunity. We will be taking a bus to their packaging center to spend time packaging meals for delivery to malnourished people in Iowa, across the United States and around the world. Opportunities for all from packaging to sitting and putting on labels. There is a $10 fee for transportation and bring some extra money to stop and eat on the way home.
- Register by calling the WPRD at 515-462-3258 by Tuesday, May 12.
Live Healthy Iowa Kids Track Championships
- High school track.
- Held in conjunction with the Winterset Middle School field day. Specific information and registration forms will be handed out at school.
- Date of local meet to be determined.
- Top finishers advance to the State meet held June 13 in Marshalltown.
- No Rain make up.
John Wayne 5K Run/Walk
- Saturday, May 23rd, 9:00 am
- Sponsored by Winterset Rotary Club & Mad. Co. Health Care Systems.
- Pre-registration encouraged.
- Fees before May 1, $25.00
- After April 30, $30.00
- Day of Race, $35.00
- Fourteen age divisions offered w/medals. Benefits CRISP, Wildwood Hills Ranch & Healthy Kids Initiative. Register on-line at www.getmeregistered.com or see fitnnesssports.com or contact Bob Kaldenberg at 515-462-4731 email@example.com.
- Forms available at City Hall.
Youth Spring Tennis Fun
- Boys and girls grades 2, 3, 4
- Fee $15.00
- Tues and Thurs 3:30 – 4:30, May 5, 7, 12 & 14 at City Tennis Courts.
- Basic skills are taught using fun drills and tennis games.
- Balls and racquets are provided.
- Registration ends May 1.