Winterset City Park Campground
225 S. 10TH ST.
Camping Season is April 1st through November 1st.
City Park Campground Facilities include 34 sites with 50/30/15 amp electric service, water, sewer hook-ups, fire rings, picnic tables, shower/restroom building, 12 primitive tent sites. A self-registration system is used. See the Camp Host for on site questions. Regular daily fees range from $14 for a tent site to $20 for a full hook-up. Discounted long term rates are available. Please contact the Winterset Parks & Recreation Department to make arrangements for long term stay, individual and group reservations. The regular camping season is April 1 – November 1 (water On/Off). Campground may be open a little longer – weather permitting.
Sites are available on first come first serve basis unless reserved. Sites reserved are marked and also identified on info sign. Do NOT hold camp sites for family / friends by placing picnic tables / lawn chairs or other equipment on sites. See Self-Registration
Procedure (park camping unit on site and pay fee).
For reservations, CALL 515-462-3258.
Check with Host or Park Staff for extended stays more than 7 consecutive days. Designated long term (8 – 30 days) sites are #4, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 31). ** Maximum stay is 30 days (* in some cases may be extended).
See sign at entrance of campground for helpful information.
a. Get fee ENVELOPE and camp brochure at self-registration box.
b. Choose vacant site, park vehicle, complete ALL info on envelope.
c. Within ONE HOUR enclose fee and DEPOSIT envelope in box.
d. Attach your camping permit receipt to numbered site post.
Regular Fees: Fees are determined on a site-by-site basis:
- $ 20 per night Full Hookup #4 thru 17 & #24 thru 31.
- $ 20 per night Electric & Water #19, 20, 21, 22, 23.
- $ 18 per night Electric Only #1, 2, 3, 18, 32, 33, 34.
- $ 14 per night Primitive Tent Camping south end of campground
*Pay for entire stay if possible, always display current camping receipt.
- WEEKLY – $119 ($17 @ 7 nights). Must pay full amount at check-in.
- MONTHLY – $500 ($16.67 @ 30 nights). Must pay full amount at check-in.
GROUPS – Must reserve six (6) or more sites:
- Accepted May through September, one year in advance.
- If on weekend, must reserve both Friday and Saturday.
- Confirm number of sites 10 days prior to arrival.
- Group will be charged one night for any unused sites.
- 90 days in advance pay a DEPOSIT fee based on # of sites: 6–12 sites = $50; 13–19 sites = $75; 20+ sites = $100.
- Groups receive $2 discount on each site per night and shall pay the total fees to camp host. Groups shall NOT use individual fee envelopes.
INDIVIDUAL – Must include Friday and Saturday, and pre-paid 14-days prior to stay.
- Pre-pay entire rent due (up to 1 week for long term campers) plus $4 reservation fee.
- Sites can be reserved May thru Mid October by call the WPRD.
- Absolutely NO holding sites (for family / friends) by placing picnic tables / lawn chairs on site. See above “Self-Registration Procedure.”
Electric Site Limitations
- Either a) one wheeled unit:OR b) one tent per site. One family (people living in same household) or a maximum of four adults are allowed per site.
- Only one or two vehicles are allowed per site.
Tent camping is available in the wooded area at the south end of campground. One tent is allowed per site. Tent may NOT occupy same site for more than 4 straight days. Tents may use electric sites, but pay the site-based fee. Keep vehicles off grass areas.
All vehicles shall park on rock areas only. No parking on grass areas around camp pads and roadsides. Keep all wheels on rock areas only. This includes trailers and other equipment. Please inform your visitors. Thank you.
From April though October, Host is available to assist campers and answer questions. Host sites are usually #10 or 11.
Shower/Restroom building is for registered campers ONLY. Building is open 24 hours. Anyone not staying here but wishing to use facilities shall make prior arrangements with staff AND pay $3 per person (use fee envelope).
Campground shall be quiet each night by 10:30 pm.
Units in sites without sewer may use dump station (at north end) as you exit from campground. No dumping of gray water on ground.
Dumpster located by large shelter house, northwest edge of campground. Two trash cans are located by wood shed, east of shower building. Please, no house-hold garbage in restrooms.
Speed limit in campground is 10 M.P.H. Please drive SLOW.
Fires permitted in fire rings only. Split firewood is sold, $2.50 per bundle (6 pieces) or $6 for 3 bundles (18 pieces).
Vehicles shall stay on developed roadways and conform to state licensing laws. Use of rec. vehicles (ie. mopeds, motorcycles) in the campground shall be limited and not cause an annoyance to campers. Working on vehicles (ie. mechanical repairs, changing oil, washing) is prohibited.
Pets shall be kept on a leash at all times. Waste from animals shall be cleaned-up by owner. Animals shall not make excessive noise and cause an annoyance. Pets are not allowed in Shower/Restroom building.
Check out time is NOON. Upon leaving, all equipment/gear shall be removed and the SITE CLEANED OF ALL LITTER. Remove receipt from site post.
In case of severe weather, you may take shelter in the following buildings: Shower Building, North Shelter Restrooms; South
Shelter (enclosed area).
Tobacco-Free Park Policy
To promote a healthier park experience, Tobacco use is prohibited by park visitors and park employees on all park grounds and facilities managed by the WPRD with the exception of the City Park Campground. This includes: City Park, Winterset Aquatic Center / Tennis Courts Area, Martin Marietta Softball and Soccer Complexes, Giffin Fields, Memory Lane and Carver Park. This policy extends to any youth or adult activity and includes park shelter houses. For this policy, tobacco use is defined as smoking, chewing, dipping, dissolvable, and lighting or any other use of tobacco-like products. As a reminder signs are posted at park locations. Thank you for your cooperation.